Sunday, April 7, 2013

Solving the Stomach

My whole life, I have had issues with my stomach. I've had everything from stomach aches and pains to actually getting sick after eating. However, though I have seen numerous doctors, no one could pin down what it was, and said I was fine. 

When I moved to LA, I began seeing an amazing doctor who through muscle testing was able to easily diagnose my problem, and set me on the path to a happier stomach. I have a fungus in my stomach and a thrown-off pancreas, both of which need to be fixed. The solution? An incredibly strict eating regime...for 6-9 months. 

Well, I am 2 months in, and it is sometimes incredibly tough. So, rather than have a total melt down and stuff my face with all of the pizza, Mexican and dirty martinis I can get my hands on, I am going to channel my energy here. I have found some great new foods I never would have tried otherwise, as well as some delicious, easy, and healthy recipes. 

The breakdown of what I can't eat:

1. Coffee
2. Chocolate 
3. Alcohol
4. Nuts 
5. Citrus 
6. Carbonated Beverages 
7. Dried Fruit 
8. Berries
9. Potatoes 
10. Eggplant 
11. Sugar (including honey, agave, and any other sweetener)
12. Peppers (including bell peppers)
13. Tomatoes 
14. Dairy 
15. Bananas 
16. Rice Cakes
17. Corn
18. Sprouts
19. Wheat 
20. Grapes 

2 comments:

  1. You should write a post on what you can eat! Interested in your healthy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love all those things.... it would be so hard.... i'd like to understand why you can't eat some of these

    ReplyDelete