Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blind Taste Test

Today at work, we happened to have something very few people have. It is rare, and almost unheard of. We had both Pellegrino and Perrier in our fridge. So, I could not just sit back and watch people drink these rival sparkling waters (and only watching, as I can't have carbonation, remember?). Instead, I decided to host a blind taste test!

Personally, Pellegrino is my favorite sparkling water. Of course, that comes with many rolled eyes from people, and lots of, "can you even tell the difference?" Today - I put this to rest once and for all.


I took out a bottle of each water. 


I wrote on the bottom of white cups, marking which is Pellegrino and which is Perrier. I filled each cup equally.

Four coworkers participated in the tasting. Might I add, none of them even like sparkling water. 


Jordan, who cannot get over how bland sparkling water is, and wishes it were sweeter.

Christina, smelling the odorless bubble water.

Kimi, sampling the waters.

Adam, the pro, quickly distinguishing which water is which.

The one quote that kept being repeated: "I keep waiting for it to taste like Sprite...and then it doesn't." 
I'll admit, I was envious. I love Pellegrino, and wish I could have added a squeeze of lemon and lime, a splash of fresh lemonade, and downed the whole bottle. 

In the end, the winner of the blind taste testing was:


My favorite, Pellegrino! Now I can say, I told you so. There is a difference, and I was right. After my in-depth scientific blind taste testing, it is proven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment