Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Once A Cheater, Always A Cheater?

This week has been chaotic, to say the least. Monday was an incredibly saddening day, and things just continued to pile on. First, the horrible news of what happened in Boston, where all of my best friends from College reside, threw me for a spin. My heart goes out to all of those in the area, and the victims are in my thoughts and prayers. From there, I was dealing with other shocking news in my personal life. To put it short - it was a bad day.

So, how does one recover from a no good, very bad day? Let me clarify - without having at least a cocktail or dessert? Well...they don't. For 3 months, I have been incredibly strict in sticking to this eating regime. I haven't let so much as honey cross my lips. However, with my Aunt's temptation and overwhelming feeling that life is just too short, we headed to the Hotel Bel Air - probably one of my top favorite places in the whole world - and splurged.

{www.dorchestercollection.com}

Sitting in the gorgeous bar area, watching the fireplace roar and listening to an incredible piano player, I ordered a dirty martini with stuffed blue cheese olives - my favorite. That was my splurge, I thought. Things went downhill from there. Okay, so I ordered a pizza. It was small - miniature even. With fresh mozzarella and an incredible sauce. Well, heck, I was already on a downward spiral. I ordered a hazelnut crunch bar dessert - a delicious chocolate hazelnut homemade-version of a candy bar, complete with fresh whipped cream and homemade double-chocolate ice cream. Really, can you ever go wrong with Wolfgang Puck?

I'm here to admit it. I take full responsibility. I cheated...and it felt incredible. Now back to my normal routine. I have come to the realization that people should just do what makes them happy. Whether that is following my recipes, eating healthy or  eliminating certain items, do it because it makes you feel good. But don't forget - everyone deserves a splurge now and then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment