Monday, April 15, 2013

Book Review: Cook Book Edition

IT'S ALL GOOD

I always love cook books, cooking blogs, and all things cooking. However, it has been tricky to find something that is really pertinent to my diet. Gluten-free recipes usually use a lot of corn, vegetarian may use a lot of fruits and vegetables I can't have, and vegan doesn't avoid the gluten. Throughout my frustrations of recipe-hunting, I stumbled across Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook: It's All Good. I had no idea what to expect, and though I was aware it had come out, I had no intentions of buying it. One fateful day in Target, I picked it up and started thumbing through it. The recipes were amazing. Everything is so natural, adaptable, and delicious. Although some of the things I still can't have (she uses raw honey and maple syrup as sugar substitues, but I still can't have those), I have earmarked multiple recipes I am anxious to try both now and once I am bringing more foods back into my diet.

I loved the book so much, I sent one to my sister. I highly recommend it to everyone - only $17.39 on Amazon, while marked at $32 on the book. 

What are you waiting for?? Go pick up your copy!! 


My recipes I am most excited to try:

Chinese Chicken Salad
Spicy Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle Coriander
Chicken Burgers, Thai Style
Bummer Bars 

Once you've purchased the book, let me know which ones are your favorites!





1 comment: