Saturday, April 13, 2013

Restaurant Review

BLOSSOM
Neighborhood: Silver Lake 
Cuisine: Vietnamese 
Price: $$

When meeting friends for dinner, I'm usually asked to pick the restaurant (or at least type of food), since I am the one that can't eat most things. When meeting my Aunt and Uncle for dinner, I suggested what has become one of my major food groups and a staple in my diet: pho

You may not know the incredible deliciousness that is pho (pronounced FUH). I didn't before I moved to LA, so let me describe it for you. It is a large bowl of delicious broth, rice noodles, chicken (or your choice of meat/tofu), and onions. On the side, they serve you a plate of fresh basil, bean sprouts, jalepenos, and a lime wedge, for you to add in as you please. Obviously, I add in everything - and request extra jalepenos. As I'm not supposed to be eating peppers, I merely float them in the broth to add a litte kick. 

{photo courtesy of Google Images}

I would consider myself almost a pho expert, as I have tried various places all over LA, from trendy to total authentic hole in the walls. My aunt suggested this place called Blossom in Silver Lake. She said it was hip and trendy, and the food was good. She was right! 

I ordered the Vegetarian Spring Rolls (rice paper rolls with tofu, rice vermicelli, and fresh herbs), and of course, a large bowl of chicken pho. It was delicious. The spring rolls weren't my favorite that I have had, but the pho was incredible. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It was a very cool vibe, wooden booths (which were a tad uncomfortable, but cool looking). 

{photo courtesy of Google Images]

Overall out of 10, I would rate it:
Food: 8.5
Ambiance: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment