Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life

The week started with going out to celebrate Kyle's 21st birthday on Monday night. We went to a bar called Rush, which is basically known to local visitors/backpackers/students for its very cheap drinks (and poor ambiance). A good place to go to first for cheap drinks, but kind of a strange crowd and a bit dirty. We got a fishbowl of course (£7 compared to Espionage's £17, if you can understand how cheap I'm talking!!)


There was also this boxing game, which we all had to have our try at, in attempt to beat the 700 highscore and win a free sweatshirt.


I'll admit...I scored 005. I'm a beginner, and obviously need to work on my upper body strength.
Afterwards, I came home and skyped in on Cara's 21st birthday preparations. I watched everyone dress her up as a Smurf and it was nice to get to feel like I was there (after all, it is her first birthday at UNH we are apart!)

Wednesday night (last night), my roommate Lindsay (who is part of Journalism) had a fundraiser at Electric Circus. There was live music, and they opened up the back private karaoke rooms for karaoke, rockband, dress up costumes, and other fun things.




After hearing Karaoke renditions of everything from Queen to Kanye, we headed to Cabaret Voltaire for a little dancing.

And the best part...on the way home, we stopped at this place called Pizza Paradise, which was, like most late-night pizza places here, a combo of pizza, fried food, kabobs, and falafel. I had THE BEST falafel I have had here yet. It was sooooo yummy. It is interesting because here they make the falafel wrap, and then panini it, so it is warm and crispy and unreal.

Today, I mostly slept all day. I have developed this terrible head cold from all of my sick roommates, and am trying desperately to kick it. I caught up on sleep and then went to Pancho Villas for dinner with Kat and Craig (the waitstaff should know us by now!)

Tomorrow morning I leave bright & early to meet Raisa in Zermatt in the Swiss Alps! I'm so excited.
Details and pictures to come when I get home Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment