Thursday, June 21, 2012

LA Living


My time in LA thus far has been a whirlwind. I arrived just over a week ago, and met my mom at the airport. Right from there, we headed to Santa Monica to pick up my new car. We were vagabonds for the week, hopping from house to house of family and friends for almost a week.

The first house we stayed had two of the most adorable Golden Retrievers I have ever seen. I wanted to take both of them with me; I’m going through a little bit of dog withdrawl.



The next day, my mom and I decided to tour some apartments I’ve had my eye on for some time. They were beautiful. A perfect location, great pool, gym, huge, spacious apartments in a gated community. Needless to say, now everywhere else looks like a dump in comparison. The  hardest thing right now is trying to find a roommate my age. Multiple websites are flooded with open bedrooms, but with older rooommates. It is a bit trickier than I expected to meet people here!

It has been great catching up with family and friends I rarely get to see. Now I will see them all the time!



Welcoming my cousin & friends back from being on the road touring with a delicious spread! 

Mom’s last night out here, we checked into a great hotel and celebrated the evening at the rooftop bar with delicious cocktails and some great food!



I started my internship Monday – it is amazing! So much fun, and never a dull moment. For now I’ve been enjoying my days off, still on the hunt for a great apartment, roommate, and job. In the meantime, I move into my summer apartment on Saturday! Yipee!

More to come…pictures, not text, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment