Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The End

Today was my last day in Edinburgh. I spent the morning shopping on Princes Street with Kat, enjoying the (very cold, windy, rainy) day, and buying last minute souvenirs and such. We then met Leah at Brass Monkey for one last 3 o'clock movie :( We watched The Girl Next Door and drank their amazing bloody marys before coming back to the flat and finishing up packing.


This evening, the three of us went to Revolution for dinner to enjoy it one final time. I had a delicious Moroccan bean burger and we all split a 'Blushing Bride' pitcher. Their menus are really fun, with the popular phrase 'Keep Calm and Carry On' gracing the cover, and tonight, I was a rebel and took one as a souvenir.



Now, I'm all packed, taxi ordered for 7am, and stocked up on American magazines (US Weekly and People) for the plane ride!

So, as a final reflection of my amazing months spent here, let's recap:
I met lots of amazing new friends from all over the US!
I traveled lots of amazing places: the Swiss Alps, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Prague, and entirely all over Scotland
I learned about a new city, country, and culture
I picked up the Scottish lingo (only a wee bit...cheers!)
I've had tons of memories I will never forget.
Now time to head back to CT, UNH, and all of my friends and family that await! Thanks to everyone who has read my blog, and who has kept in touch! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment