Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pizza Pie & Beer, Oh My!

Last night, my friend Becky met me after work and we went a few blocks away to the Limelight Marketplace on 21st & 6th have pizza at Grimaldis. I have heard nothing but great things about Grimaldis, voted best pizza in NY, with their main location just under the Brooklyn Bridge. Recently, when I heard about a new location so close to where I work, I couldn't wait to go.

Grimaldi's Pizzeria

The place was adorable, surprisingly pretty empty at 6 o'clock in the evening. The tables were adorned with casual red checkered tableclothes, and just as I expected, the pizza was incredible. We split a regular pizza, with fresh crushed tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Six slices of perfectly warm crispy deliciousness. Their prices were extremely reasonable, too (only $12).

(photos courtesy of www.grimaldis.com)

Afterwards, we took a stroll around the Limelight Marketplace, which was full of cute home accessories, clothes, and our next stop, Baci Gelato.


I had a Cherry Yogurt (tart with cherries mixed in), which was delicious, but still doesn't compare to Gelatissimo in New Canaan, which is still the best Gelato in the whole wide world (perhaps I'm biased).

Afterwards, we headed down to the East Village to a bar called 13th Step. It was super busy, and filled with a fun, young crowd. They also had great Tuesday night specials ($1 drafts!) Definitely a place I would both recommend and go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment